Harar 2007
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harar 2007

July 2007 events

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any clue about the church in a city?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haarlaa

Any clue about the church in a city? Empty
PostSubject: Any clue about the church in a city?   Any clue about the church in a city? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 6:26 pm

I have heard so many times before that the Medhane-alem church which is located at the center of harar city aka feres magala was a mosque prior to the invasion force of menilik II stepped on harar soil in january 7, 1887.
If there is someone with accurate historcal facts about that particular church and the incidence as to how, when and why it had been changed into church, who were the name of the players behind such a reckles act and what was the reaction of our people on the time? Please, if there is someone with any information related to this church, your feed back is appreciated.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
sami

PostSubject: just what i know   Any clue about the church in a city? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 12:10 pm

let me just tell you what i know about the church , it was a big and a very nice mosque constructed during the time of Egypt occupation , and before the war Minilik ,nalatulah alyke, had warned amir Abdulahi, if he win the war he will destructs the mosques , he used to justify one of the reason behind his invasion was our relation with the Egyptian
you can see the picture of the mosque in one of museum called Rambo house , how they simply destructed it and modified the design in to the church .
in regard to the Hararies reaction as we lost the war and also as some body told me the mosque was used by the Hanafi mezhab there was no alternative apart to negotiate and curse them and try to live peace fully ,
In shallah using the rights of democracy it will be returned back to its origin

Back to top Go down
Haarlaa

PostSubject: Re: Any clue about the church in a city?   Any clue about the church in a city? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 8:26 pm

Thanx sami.
We need to dig more to search for the truth about that church, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Medafa`

PostSubject: harari dogs story   Any clue about the church in a city? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 8:07 pm

Hi Harrla,

The mosque in Faraz magala existed long before Egyptians. Actually Egyptians invaded a sovereign country and occupied it for 10 years as an oppressor colonizers. It was Egyptian who built the mission church which near the juma`a mosque. So, don’t trust arabs and harari dogs ever!!!

When minilik won the battle of Chelenko, he made a pact with Harari elders to not interfere with their internal affaires. It was ras mokonen, the father of hailesesilase who broke the treaty hararies signed with hararies, who replaced the mosque with church.

But the harari DOGS who use to work with haileselase and his father do not want you to know the real history. Actually the statue of ras mokonin which is erected in harar has the hands of some haraies and they don’t want to demolish it even though hararies govern the city.

Today, harari dogs reduced the 3000 years old harar to 1000 (millennium) to please their current master as they pleased their previous masters. That the secrete of celebrating millennium. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
biraq ca

PostSubject: good story   Any clue about the church in a city? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 2:31 am

Dear brother
Thank you for all your information
we all agree to demolish the Ras mekonen statu but why you seat in American and try to give order,if you are a brave like you always concerned to Harar and people just please come to Ethiopia and do it yourself , it is very simple like you said it , you will simply take hummer and you will go and simply start demolishing it , as simple as that , just forget the Harari dogs ,
I started to study your back ground and you are not completely Harari though you are always claiming to be so you are either paid by the Eritirian government or by the Amhara opposition group
Back to top Go down
confused

PostSubject: Re: Any clue about the church in a city?   Any clue about the church in a city? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 1:54 pm

started to study your back ground and you are not completely Harari though you are always claiming to be so you are either paid by the Eritirian government or by the Amhara opposition group

Brothers:

The Oromos say a true Oromo is from Oellega, speak the Oellega Oromo tongue, adopt Oromo name, read and write in ueebee, be pure blood Oromo from Oellega, be Orthodox or protestant or Waquefetaa, support OLF and support Gada system for future liberated nation of Oromos.

What is criteria to be Harari these days to accuse people with different opinion as Eritrean shabia etc?
Back to top Go down
lila

PostSubject: supporting sami   Any clue about the church in a city? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 3:39 am

Though i don’t accept i heard Some stories a Harari deliberately ignited the kulbube movement conspiring with Hilesilasee with intention to destruct the strong economic status and social relation during the time, the logic of madafa
made me to suspecte and apply the same analogy just think of his statment

........Actually the statue of ras mokonin which is erected in harar has the hands of some haraies and they don’t want to demolish it even though hararies govern the city.

just guss to what happens if may Hararis had the same oppinion? is it time to raise such issues ? is there any Harari who have the same idea unless some body with the opposition to distruct the stutus of the regional government? i dont think any true Harari writes the same
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any clue about the church in a city?   Any clue about the church in a city? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any clue about the church in a city?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harar 2007 :: About harar-
Jump to: