Harar 2007
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harar 2007

July 2007 events

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harar Millenium a Failure?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Canadian

Harar Millenium a Failure? Empty
PostSubject: Harar Millenium a Failure?   Harar Millenium a Failure? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 7:59 am

As a visitor to Harar (my family left here in the 70's), but with roots here, I was expecting a lot which was promised.

However, I was told there were 20,000 visitors, while in fact there are about 3000. Just look at the bazaar at the stadium, it is almost empty each day.

Almost none of the events are for the Hararis themselves, I had to show my passport to get tickets, and the cost alone eliminates the Hararis from attending.

SIM cards for mobile phones are almost impossible for the Hararis to buy, but I can get one if I show my passport and my visa. This is discrimination, and discriminates against those who live here.

In order to avoid upsetting us from the diaspora, beggars have been removed from the streets and detained elsewhere.

Outside the city gates, rubbish is on the roads, despite UNESCO.

All the authorities seem to want is for me to invest here... no chance! The world is developing, but Harar is still in the past. There is more to life than the past and chat.
Back to top Go down
uro

PostSubject: Re: Harar Millenium a Failure?   Harar Millenium a Failure? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 3:14 pm

Poor facilities, awful hotels, no officials in the afternoon, the answer is yes.
Back to top Go down
Hararvi

PostSubject: Re: Harar Millenium a Failure?   Harar Millenium a Failure? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 5:07 am

Don't forget, this was the only city not to celebrate the Ethiopian Millenium! Another failure...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harar Millenium a Failure?   Harar Millenium a Failure? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harar Millenium a Failure?
Page 1 of 1