Harar 2007
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harar 2007

July 2007 events

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harari Person of the Millennium

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
amshash

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Harari Person of the Millennium Empty
PostSubject: Harari Person of the Millennium   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 3:24 pm

During the new millennium, it is a good idea to recognize Harari people who made plenty of contributions in the past century to be considered as "HARARI PERSON OF THE MILLENNIUM" or "HARARI PERSON OF THE CENTURY". Here is a good list to start with:

(I) RELIGION

(1) Sheikh Abdullahi Al-Harari
(2) Sheikh Abdulrahman Khaia
(3) Sheikh Abdulrahman Tabalali
(4) Sheikh Mohammed Yonis
(5) Sheikh Mohammed Wezier
(6) ...........

(II) SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

(1) Dr. Zeki Sherief, Ph.D, (For his discovery and characterization of ZS gene and for his contribution in the field of Microbial Genetics).
(2) Dr. Duri Mohammed, Ph.D, (For his contribution in the field of education and economics)
(3) Dr. Abdulhamid Badri Kelo, Ph.D (For his contribution in the field of education and economics)
(4) Cpt. Mohammed Ahmed (President and former CEO of Ethiopian Airline)
(5) ...........

(III) POLITICS and INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS

(1) Gessi Fuad Ibrahim.
(2) Dr. Mohammed Abdurahman Sheik (For his contribution for the establishment of Harari Regional State)
(3) Al-Hajj Zekaria Gutu (He is always in the front line for all Hararians)
(4) Gessi Mahdi Gadid (For his contribution in Histroy)
(5) Gen. Ali Gutu
(6) .......

(IV) WAR VETRANS (THE KULUB MOVEMENT)

(1) Al-Hajj Yousuf Mohammed Idris
(2) Ustad Ahmed Khalil Faqih
(3) Col. Abdulsalam Mohammed Faqih
(4) ......

(V) ENTERTAINMENT AND MUSIC

(1) Abdulsamad Abdosh and The Fannanach
(2) Hashim Kadr and The Adibach
(3) Yousuf Omar
(4) Abdi Gitar
(5) LA Harari Band
(6) Damidus Harari Band
(7) Malasayach
(Cool Adib Abdosh (The first R&B style of Harari Songs).
(9) Adib Kadar (The first Hip pop style of Harari Songs).
(10) Newal Bekri Geto (The first female to compile Harari CD).
(11) Hablul band
(12) Adham Sherief
(13) Toufiq mohammed(kobra)
(14) .................

(VI) CHARITY AND VOLUNTEERS

(1) Al-Hajj Ture
(2) Mohammed Hassen (a.k.a Mohammed Al-Harari)
(3) ...........

(VII) ROLE MODELS AND CLASS ACT.

(1) .......

(VIII) SPORT

(1) .......

NOTE: I have provided my own list just as an example and not to put the list of the people above into prespective. If you need your name to be removed from the list above, you can send me an email at amshash@yahoo.com or you can send an email to the webmaster who have an admin privilege. If you have lists of people who you would like to nominate please post it here. Also, this doesn't mean that we have to forget those Harari heros and the Amirs who sacrifice their life for the past thousands of years. My Allah reward their deed. We will never forget you and we have been thinking about you forever.

amshash (Washington, DC)

Last edited by on Thu May 31, 2007 7:49 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
biraqul-

PostSubject: gator   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 12:33 pm

how about col. Mohammed Gatoor ? the first president of the Harari National Leageue and to his contribution in the Ethio-somali war and support to Hararis lived in somali
Back to top Go down
ahaa

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Harari Person of the Millennium   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 6:55 pm

thank you brother abdunsit shash for your effort to remember and report these individual for the good contribution they did for their people.
I would like to make correction the name
(3) Col. Abdulsamed Mohammed Faqih should be Abdusalam Mohammed Faqih unless i am confused with the name

another one i would like to mention also the singer Toufiq mohammed(kobra) ( the first harari album on the market for sale)

thanks

A.Adus
Back to top Go down
BIRAQ UL

PostSubject: Somebody stole my name   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 11:41 am

Some body stole my name and put comments on my behalf. That is not fair. Post what ever you wanna post in your own name.

BUT I support the idea of what is posted, I don’t wanna to take credit for some thing which I didn’t write. Long life to Colonel Gatatur

The Original and authentic Biraq Ul Harar

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
salah

PostSubject: good to see Biraqul harar is visiting the website   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 11:03 am

i appreciate your visit of this website, you may also be convienced to change your mind to celebrate the event in harar if not i suspect you will make the event with Amharas in washington
Back to top Go down
abdi

PostSubject: correction   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 11:52 pm

the first president is not fuad ibrahim , during transititional period , Ali gutu ,then abdulahi Idris, then khazali Adus , nuria for less than a month now comes Fuad presently Murad
Back to top Go down
Concerne

PostSubject: How about the ones who are not with us?   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 5:27 pm

Let us not forget the ones who are no longer with us either - One example would be Remedan Mohammed (who have written many many songs and has been a huge contribution to our society) as far as entertainment.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Witness

PostSubject: "HARARI PERSON OF THE MILLENNIUM"   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 11:04 am

Amshash

Do you know who is who in your list? Do you know who these two opposite personalities are?

(1) Sheikh Abdullahi Al-Harari (a.k.a Al-Habash)

(5) Sheikh Mohammed Wezier

Give us some information if you are knowledgeable of the list you provided.

Witness
Back to top Go down
amshash

PostSubject: Re: Harari Person of the Millennium   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 7:48 am

Hello Witness:

I didn't quite get it when you say opposite personalities. As far as I know, they both are influential Islamic scholars. Let's appreciate our people who have done much.
Back to top Go down
Witness

PostSubject: Harari Person of the Millennium   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:21 pm

Assalamu Alayka Amshash

Most certainly my friend, we have to appreciate our people who have done much and contributed not only for hararis, for the whole world in general. But don’t you think my brother it has to be in righteousness and piety. Amshash do you think it is too much to ask for the people whom we have admiration for be pious and righteous? Or do we just pick whatever pleases and amuse our desire.

You are right they are both influential Islamic scholars. I do not think they have the same methodology (menhaj) or aqeeda.
Back to top Go down
amshash

PostSubject: Re: Harari Person of the Millennium   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 11:22 am

Dear Brother/Sister Witness:

The lists I have provided is a sample to encourage the event planner to come up with something similar. My lists is not necessary absolutely correct. However, the lists of people I have provided are universally known by Hararians for their outstanding accomplishment. You might have a personal problem with some of them which is common tradition in our society.

Even though I still could not get it exactly what you trying to say about the two scholars, it is not necessary to go back and forth argue on this discussion forum since it accessible to everybody. To make our discussion between me and you and to come up with a good solution, you might need to send me an email at amshash@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
Witness

PostSubject: Millennium   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:41 pm

I greet you with the best of greeting, The Muslim greeting Assalamu Alaykume.

My Dear brother I am not attacking your list, nor am I attacking you personally. I do apologize to you if it shows a little aggression toward the list. I think you intended well when you put this list, but have you ever contemplate for a second what the millennium stands for? What is it all about? As a MUSLIM and HARARI where do I fit here in so called Millennium celebration?

(VII) ROLE MODELS AND CLASS ACT.
Who are my role models? How came you don’t have anyone in your mind. That is my base. As a people who have very rich history we can't even remember who our role models are? What a shame, It just show who we have become isn't it.

It just blows my mind when I see my people going astray and they become blind about this life and their forefathers. Are you one of them Amshash?

Maybe you are right I might be on a wrong forum, you have to understand thou when you are posting your idea on a public forum, the discussion is between every one on the forum and anything goes unless there are rules. About the two scholars you could open a new forum or I could post a link for you on this one. Also it does not hurt to do a little research about menhaj and aqeeda in your part.

Peace beyond to you

Witness
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Get a life: Witness   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 9:18 pm

Witness: Why high-jack every forum and turn it to religious
argument. Get a life, better yet, F**%% off. Shouldn’t you be fighting somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
Witness

PostSubject: GUARDING THE TONGUE   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 9:13 pm

Allaah the Most high said: "show forgiveness!" [Surah Al-A'raaf: 199]

In my part I forgive you for your transgression.

Allaah the Most High says:

"Therefore Remind (men) in case the Reminder profits (them). Al-Ala, [chapter 87 Verse 9]

"Only those believe in Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), who, when they are reminded of them fall down prostrate, and glorify the Praises of their Lord, and they are not proud." [sajdah 32: 15]

"Not a word doe's one utter, except that there is an (angel watching, ready to record it." [Surah Qaaf: 18]

"Verily, Your Lord is Ever-Watchful." [Surah Al Fajr: 14]

Read what the prophet Allaah (sallalahu ‘alayhe wasallam) Said:

The Prophet (sallalahu ‘alayhe wasallam) said "Whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day should speak good or remain silent"

Abu Moosaa Al-Ash'aree (May Allaah be pleased with him) said: "I said: 'O Messenger of Allaah! Which of the Muslims is best? He ( sallalahu ‘alayhe wasallam ) responded:"He whose tongue and hand the Muslims are safe from."

Sahl bin Sa'ad reported that Allaah's Messenger (sallalahu ‘alayhe wasallam) Said: "Whoever can guarantee for me (that he will guard) What is between his Jaws (tongue) and what is between his legs(private parts), I will guarantee for him Paradise."

Abu Huraira reported that he heard the Prophet (sallalahu ‘alayhe wasallam) say: "Indeed, the servant (of Allaah) will speak a word, while being unaware of (its consequences), and due to it, he will be cast into the Hellfire, farther than the distance between the east and the west."

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet (sallalahu ‘alayhe wasallam)said: "Indeed, the servant will speak words that are pleasing to Allaah, due to which he will be given a condition in which Allaah will raise him many levels. And indeed, the servant will speak words that are displeasing to Allaah, due to which he will not be given a good condition, but (instead) be thrown into the Hellfire."

Sufyaan bin `Abdillaah reported that he said: "O Messenger of Allaah, tell me of a matter that I may hold fast onto." He (sallalahu ‘alayhe wasallam)said: "Say: 'I believe in Allaah', and then remain steadfast (on that)." I said: 'O Messenger of Allaah, what is the most serious thing that I should fear for myself?" So he took a hold of his tongue and said: 'This.'"

`Uqbah bin `Aamir reported: "I said: 'O Messenger of Allaah, how does one attain salvation? He (sallalahu ‘alayhe wasallam)responded: 'Restrain your tongue, remain in your home and weep over you sins.'"

Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudree reported that the Prophet (sallalahu ‘alayhe wasallam)Said: "When the son of Aadam wakes from his sleep, all of his
body parts seek refuge from his tongue, saying: 'Fear Allaah with regard to us, for indeed we are part of you. So if you are upright, then we will be upright and if you are corrupt, then we will be corrupt."

Umma Habeebah (radyAllaahu 'anhaa ) reported that the Prophet (sallalahu
‘alayhe wasallam)Said: "Every speech of the Son fo Aadam is against him not for him, except for commanding good and forbidding evil or the remembrance of Allaah, may He be Exalted."

"Guard your tonge O mankind
And do not let it bite you, for indeed it is a snake
How many people in the graveyards are there
That were killed by their tongues
Whoever fears meeting Him (on the Day of Judgement),
Is truly the brave one."

From the book "Al-Adhkaar" Words of Remembrance of Imaan An-Nawawee

Many Muslims these days are neglectful of their religion.

This isReminder for every sincere Muslim to read and benefit from this
great book which is written by Imaam An-Nawawee.

GUARDING THE TONGUE

O brothers beware of falling into sinful speech.

Witness
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Wtness: Look what you have done?!   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 4:45 pm

Eeewww! Look what you
have done?! You just barfed all over the
forum! You have been a bad girl, very bad
girl. You need to go to your Sheikh for a good
spanking. Next, follow my first advise, if not go $%^#$#
yourself.
Back to top Go down
Witness

PostSubject: forgive   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 7:15 pm

Still I forgive you Sam.
Back to top Go down
advice

PostSubject: Re: Harari Person of the Millennium   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:57 am

Witness

Waw Your are really seems knowlagable person. I have an advice for you. I kind agree with "sam" in one way the thread here is not for religious discussion neverthless if you would like to teach your people religion and for those who are intersted learning online religion please open your own thread and do your preach that help for those who are realy want to learn. Another point I want to mention also when you solicit to the forum and preach where others are intersted in different discussion one can be pissed off and respond to you in sinfull manner. Therefor that sin will come back to you specially once some one told you please stop what you are doing and you insist doing it. My Advice to you is please open differnt thread for free discusion with your subject and those who are intersted to discuss will drop by and will discuss. No hard feeling no offence take good care of yourself

Advice
Back to top Go down
witness

PostSubject: advice   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 7:48 pm

All praise is du to Allah

This is not a religious discussion?
The Millennium you are celebrating isn't it about the religions of the Kuffaar. the crucifixions of Jesus which the Christians claim that he died to wash away their sins (AMETA MEHRET). How morally unjust can they be

Do you know what "ameta mehret is? How about "enqutatash" This 2000 Mellennium a year log celebration isn't it?

What is all this has to do with hararies? Incase you forgot we all hararis are Muslims.

Oh brothers rewind your memory and Read the history of Millennium.

One of the reasons for regressions of people is keeping silent when their religion is attacked. It is more evident in our reign. For over 500 year we are being attacked from all directions by the Kuffars, this is the results of us not even understanding what the so called Millennium is.

Our grand parents and parents were imprisoned, tortured, killed expelled from their homeland by helps from these house master harries. When you touch their tails thy bark like a dog and you know what the value of the dog is.

Islam is complete, and we derive our total lifestyle from Islam that Allaah has completed for us. The prophet (sallah Allahu alyhi Wasallam) said: "nothing of what would bring you closer to the Jannah and further away from the fire but I have clarified for you."

Subhan Allaah, Now you go to your homeland like a sheep, even worst than a sheep to wintenss falsehood. How unjust can you be after a guidance and light came to you from your creator, you plunge into darkness.

"Such is Allah, your Lord in truth. So after the truth, what else can there be, save error? How then are you turned away?" [sajdah 32:32

Celebrating the holidays of the infidels is an imitation of the Kuffar and witnessing falsehood. The prophet (sallah Allahu alyhi Wasallam) in plenty of ahadith prohibited imitating the infidels, he said "whomever imitates the kuffar is one of them"

The Prophet (sallah Allahu alyhi Wasallam) came to Medina with two days the played in. The prophet (sallah Allahu alyhi Wasallam) Said, 'What are this two day?' They said, 'These are two days we used to play in, in our Jahiliyah.' The prophet (Sallah Allahu Alayhi Wasalam) said, 'Allah has replaced them with two better days: Eid Al Adhaa and Eid Al Fitr'."

It shows you how the Prophet (Sallah Allahu Alayhi Wasalam) did not even allow the Muslims to continue in their old days play because it was a celebration of theirs from before Islam.

There is plenty of evidence about this subject. Do your research. Allaah did not created you just for chat and play in your forum. Pick up your Qur'an and read to understand it.

Oh may brother you telling me this is not a religious discussion, look at the agenda.

Oh sam I till forgive you, man

You kind of remind me of the time when the prophet was reading the Qur'an to the Kuffar of Makkah, they used to make a lot of noise and used to say do not listen to this Qur'an, They attempted in so many ways to prevent people from learning their religion. Do you know why? because Islam brings out humanity form darkness to light, from oppressions to Justice, from falsehood to the truth? Isn't it what is happening here?

Remember, when the prophet of Allaah(Sallah Allahu Alayhi Wasalam)went to the mountain top and called the Quraish of Makkah. What did Abu Lahab said?

Oh Brother Sam do not be like Abu Lahab.

"Perish the hands of the Father of Flame! Perish he!
No profit to him from all his wealth, and all his gains!
Burnt soon will he be in a Fire of Blazing Flame!
His wife shall carry the (crackling) wood - As fuel!-
A twisted rope of palm-leaf fibre round her (own) neck! Qu'an [Al-Masadd]

Allah calls to the home of peace (i.e. Paradise, by accepting Allahs religion of Islamic Monotheism and by doing righteous good deeds and abstaining from polytheism and evil deeds) and guides whom He wills to a Straight Path. [sajdah 32:25]

Oh my Muslim brothers and sisters do not be a witness to falsehood.

"those who witness no falsehood and if they pass by some evil play or evil talk, they pass by it with dignity." Al Furqan 72

"who witness no falsehood," means they do not participate in it.

Allah knows best.

Witness
Back to top Go down
Sherief

PostSubject: Re: Harari Person of the Millennium   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 3:54 pm

Dear Witness,

SAM as his name indicates, he is a harari who converted to Pete Qonte a year ago. He is alargic to Quran. Please don’t west your time on trying to open his heart to mercy of AL-Rahaman. Sam Is gone long time ago. We lost him........

Sherief
Back to top Go down
advice

PostSubject: Re: Harari Person of the Millennium   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 6:34 pm

clap clap clap for "Witness" you are good now every one know that you can teach religon. good for you. ok Let us make a deal you said those who celebrate the harari melinium are sinful or Kufur I and others who celbrate the Harar melinium think it is ok to celebrate. You said allah will punish us and we are saying we are doing good thing. let it be judged by allah don't bother us. you passed your message you are save cause you warnned us and we didn't listen to you. bye bye Witness go and eat your huburger

advice
Back to top Go down
Wintness

PostSubject: the truth   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 7:35 pm

Oh Sam, they are telling me you are Penta. Is that the truth?

Witness
Back to top Go down
Witness

PostSubject: advice   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 9:34 pm

All praise is du to Allaah

Advice you said:

Quote :
I and others who celbrate the Harar melinium
think it is ok to celebrate. You said allah will punish us and we are
saying we are doing good thing. let it be judged by allah don't bother
us.
First of all that is not from me, I just reminded you of what is written in the Qur'an and Sunnah. Advice
read these aayaat contemplate them very well.This is what Allaah The Most High said:

"And whosoever opposes the Messenger after the guidance has been clearly explained to him, and follows a way other than the way of the believers, We will turn him to what he has chosen and land him in Hell - what an evil destination!" [Surah An-Nisaa: 115]

Do you understand what you wrote, Advice? it is noting but conjecture.
This is what Allaah the Most High said about conjecture

"But most of them follow nothing but fancy: truly fancy can be of no avail against truth. Verily Allah is well aware of all that they do." [Surah Yunus: 36]

Advice please do not follow you desire, know that Allaah is Shadeedul Eqaab.
AllaahThe Most High Said:

"Those who rest not their hope on their meeting with Us, but are pleased and satisfied with the life of the present, and those who heed not Our Signs,-

Their abode is the Fire, because of the (evil) they earned.

Those who believe, and work righteousness,- their Lord will guide them because of their faith: beneath them will flow rivers in gardens of bliss.

(This will be) their cry therein: "Glory to Thee, O Allah." And "Peace" will be their greeting therein! and the close of their cry will be: "Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds!" [Surah Yunus: 7 to 10]

"O mankind! there hath come to you a direction from your Lord and a
healing for the (diseases) in your hearts,- and for those who believe,
a guidance and a Mercy."
[Surah Yunus: 57]

May Allaah guide us to the right path
Witness
Back to top Go down
advice

PostSubject: Re: Harari Person of the Millennium   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 5:58 pm

Yidelhima yedilhizalbe magan!!!

I told you what needed to be told if you have an open mind just go disapear from this forum!! other wise keep posting and you will be the most sinful person. I told you we don't need your religious preach i have no ear to hear any religious preach from the person i don't know where he/she took her religious lesson. keep it for yourselfe. my advice to you again don't talk about religion unless you unveil yourselfe and produce your certifcate of authentication where you studied. Any other discussion ok you can discuss it is your openion and it doesn't matter whether you siad it right or wrong.

you are deaf and you are blindly running please whatch don't be fall in to the hell fire!!

Advice
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: As far as I know I am a Muslim   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 7:34 pm

Witness a.k.a Sherief: As far as I know I am a Muslim but will you
leave the forum and F*** off, if I tell you that I am Penta?
Would that make you vindicated and warmallover? Then would you F** * off?
Would you take your fundamentalist, Taliban like Islam elsewhere?
You have already condemned thousands of Harari who are celebrating the Millennium to hell fire and what more do you want?
You have appointed yourself the crater’s deputy on earth, jugged and condemned Muslims who are not agreeing with you to hell fire.
Why are you so intolerant and full of hate? Are you trying to atone for your past sin by persecuting everyone in the name of Islam?
Back to top Go down
witness

PostSubject: Why do we show hatred toward our religion?   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 8:34 pm

When are We to Understand?
Should they make him a king or should they kill him? The mushrikeen of Makkah did not know what to make of this phenomenon sweeping their ranks, dividing – as they claimed – between a man and his son, between a man and his wife. It had to end.

Abu Al-Waleed Utbah ibn al-Mugheerah said, "Let me finish this once and for all." He found RasulAllah sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam sitting near the Ka'bah and approached. He said, "O Muhammad."

RasulAllah sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam turned to Al-Waleed, acknowledged him, and listened attentively. Al-Waleed began, "Why do you persist in this message you are calling to? Is it riches you desire? If so, we shall make you the richest amongst us. Is it women you desire? If so, we shall marry you to the fairest of our women. Do you find illness in your mind? If so, we shall afford you with the best of doctors."

When Al-Waleed had exhausted the offers, RasulAllah sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam asked him politely, "Have you completed what you wanted to say?"

Al-Waleed said, “Yes."

Then, in the sweetest of recitation, RasulAllah sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam began reciting from the beginning of Surah Fussilat:

Haa-Meem / A revelation from [Allah] the Merciful, the Mercy-Giving / A book whose verses have been spelled out – a Qur'an in Arabic for people who know / [Sent as] Good news and warning, but most of them turn away, so they hear not / And they say, "Our hearts are under covering (screened) from that to which you invite us; and in our ears is deafness, and between us and you is a screen, so work (on your way), verily we are working [on our way].

Abu Al-Waleed's eyes widened as he listened to the recitation of he whom the Qur'an was revealed to. RasulAllah sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam continued to recite until he came to the verse:

But if they turn away, then say, "I warn you of a destructive, awful torment, such as the destructive awful torment of [the tribes of] Aad and Thamud.”

Al-Waleed leapt forward and covered the mouth of RasulAllah sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam for fear that the saa'iqah (destructive awful torment) would befall them right then and there.

[This is] a blessed book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that they might reflect upon its verses and that those of understanding would be reminded (As-Saad 38/29).

Nay, we've misunderstood the role of the Qur'an in our lives and the message is still waiting to be read. When are we to understand Allah's message?

The Qur'an is truth in its purest form. Falsehood cannot touch it. Allah ta'ala says:

Falsehood cannot approach it from in front, nor from behind. It is a revelation from One Wise and Praised (Fussilat 41/42).

The Qur'an is the siraat al-mustaqeem, the straight path which we ask for every day in salah:

Guide us to the straight path (Al-Fatihah 1/6).

All we have to do is turn the very next page, and we'll discover the straight path. Allah ta'ala begins speaking about this book wherein there is no doubt, and then characterizes it:

A guide [what we were asking for] for the God-Fearing (Al Baqarah 2/2).

Ali radi Allahu anhu said, "As-siraat al-mustaqeem, the straight path, is the Qur'an!"

The Qur'an is the rope of Allah that we are ordered to hold fast to:

And hold firmly to the rope of Allah, and be not divided (A’le-Imran 3/103).

Ibn Abbas said: "Hold firmly to the rope of Allah, for verily the rope of Allah is the Qur'an" (Ibn Katheer).

The Qur'an is the best speech:

Allah has sent down the best of statements, a book, its parts resembling each other in goodness and truth, oft-repeated (Az-Zumar 39/23).

What has happened to us that we do not want to hear Allah's message with such passion.

Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts humble to the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient (Al-Hadeed 57/16).

Notice, that it is an admonishment from Allah that our hearts are not humbling to the Qur'an. Dear brothers and sisters, Allah is telling us that it is OUR FAULT when we do not feel that spirituality. How much time has passed since we last contemplated the Qur'an? 20 years? 50 years? When are we to understand?

Ibn Katheer comments: “In this verse, Allah is forbidding us from imitating those that were charged with carrying Allah's books before us, the Jews and the Christians. The time they spent away from the books went on and on until they changed the books – put it behind their backs, and turned to their priests and monks whom their worshipped instead of Allah. It was then that their hearts rusted away.”

As a poet once said:
Al-Qur'an, the key to happiness' door.
Al-Qur'an, the only rope of salvation.
Don't leave it or abandon it.
Allah will forget you if you forget Him.

This is an edited version of when are we to Understand? By Muhammad Alshareef

I'am not him

Witness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harari Person of the Millennium   Harari Person of the Millennium Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harari Person of the Millennium
Page 1 of 1